On 6/29/21 10:39 AM, andy pugh wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jun 2021 at 16:45, Mark Wendt <wendt.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
Have there been any instances of any discrimination, bullying or other
problems with people having issue with anyone of any sort on this list,
forum, wiki or IRC?
It's very hard to say. I see about half a dozen new subscribers every
day. About 20% go on to post a single question to the forum, and then
disappear. I like to think that in general that is because they got
the help they wanted (and no more :-) and saw no reason to stick
around. But it is possible that they felt unwelcome and left.

I think many do that on lists like that ask a question they can't find an answer to, then either leave because it wasn't a tech answer they were looking for, or just hang around, read but not post.

It would be unusual I think, this list is not at all like "stackoverflow" for example,  where a post first gets editted, and then people start questioning you why you asked in the first place.

(actually I have done that, in many other lists, just joing to ask a question or two)

Ron

The IRC serves a social function for many people, but the forum really
is just focussed on the topic at hand.