On Wed, Nov 17, 2021 at 3:07 PM theman whosoldtheworld <bleachk...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> wow movelt ..... and there are some ethercat connection on movelt? thanks a
> lot

As you plow through the stacks of documentation, you find that MoveIt
outputs a "joint trajectory"  Which is a set of messages with (time, x, x',
x'')  The hardware interface is up to the user.  MoveIt  stops short of the
device drivers.

This is why I said a hybrid with LCNC might be interesting. LCNCis goodat
low levelmotor control andhas the Mesa FPGA ecosystem that work very well.

MoveIt is complex and has a really steep learning curve.  It is built on
top of ROS and ROS has a steep learning curve.   I'd guess the stack is a
couple orders of magnitude more complex than LCNC.  It all runs on Linux
and if you are not a Linux software developer then you have ever more to
learn.  It takes most new people about a year to come up to speed.    A
Movit-based 6-DOF robot arm is a tough introduction.  You are best off
starting with basic ROS tutorials and making system that can print "Hello
World" to the screen.

Also note the current transition from ROS-1 to ROS-2.   New projects really
should be using ROS-2. So check that you are reading the correct
tutorials.  Many are not labeled 1 or 2 because there was no need back when
only ROS-1 existed.    So look for explicit labeling as "2".

> Il giorno mer 17 nov 2021 alle ore 18:22 John Dammeyer <
> jo...@autoartisans.com> ha scritto:
>
> > Very cool.  Thanks for the link.
> > John

Chris Albertson