On Wed, Nov 17, 2021 at 8:38 PM Bari <bari00...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Check out this thread on the forums "ROS LinuxCNC Link "
>
> https://forum.linuxcnc.org/38-general-linuxcnc-questions/42008-ros-linuxcnc-link

Does anyone know if this was ever completed and made to work?

My idea would be to implement a ROS topic to HAL pin bridge.  I would write
a ROS node that of course runs as a normal user-space process and also
write one HAL task.    These would be connected by pair of queues.  Then
any ROS node on the network could read or write any HAL pin.   I don't know
what kind of performance it could achieve.

I'm working on some 4+ axis CAM that if the machine and the work holding
> devices are included the physics engine will check for collisions to
> prevent crashes.

I assume this is unrelated to the above.  Do you have anything working yet
to show us?

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California