Andy,

In the case of a robot arm you need to send (x, y, z, w, x, y) where w, x,
y are rotational orientation.

QUESTION: Can we also send the speeds for each target point (x', y', z',
w', x', y').  What about acceleration like x'' ?

Correct me, But I think this could be done using LCNC's trivial kinematics
if the inverse kinematics is done in the AI-based front end.  Then the
location and speeds are in the motor's natural units in steps or encoder
counts or whatever.

Of course, LCNC would move in a straight line but the front end would send
the points at something like 20 points per second.

On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 5:50 AM andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Nov 2021 at 02:48, Ian Charnas <ian.char...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I am indeed planning on using computer vision to set targets for the
> robot
> > arm to move to.
>
> As a first stage this can be done using only whatever vision system
> you use and LinuxCNC.
>
> It is easy enough to send an "MDI" command to LinuxCNC that will move
> the end-point to a specified set of XYZ (BC) coordinates.
> But that will be a straight-line move from the current position.
> Anything more complex requires a planner, but initially you can ignore
> that layer.
>
> An MDI command such as "F100 G1 X10 Y20 Z30" can be sent to LinuxCNC
> in a number of ways, including:
> http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/man/man1/linuxcncrsh.1.html
> or
> http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/config/python-interface.html
>
> --
> atp
> "A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is
> designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and
> lunatics."
> — George Fitch, Atlanta Constitution Newspaper, 1912

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California