No.
A slot is still a hole.  So if you are counting,  say falling edges, you will
get 5 of them.  If you count rising edges you will get 5 of them.

Now if you measure the time between falling and rising edges you will get one
timer interval that is much longer than the others.  The actual time doesn’t
matter other than that it's a constant ratio between the small holes and the
slot.

That gives you the index position and the time interval of the shorter pulses
gives you RPM.  You really only need rising edges and the time between them
unless you are tracking both directions.

John