I agree..    It is so easy isn't it?   Just use a  ESP32!

I tried to write a machine controller when I was in my 20's...  This was
before I found turbocnc (which sucked) and linuxcnc. (emc1)

I also helped test the trajectory planner improvements made when Rob added
n-segment read-ahead.   It took months to make something viable that also
worked as an actual cnc (tool offsets, velocity/acc constraints, cnc
stuff...)

Someone that comes in and says - you can easily use x and y to make a great
cnc controller are quite naive...  The grbl controller that every one touts
as a great solution is so basic it is scary..  works great for a basic 3
axis mill - but that is it.

I have actually been using a rpi4 and mesa to run an actual mill to machine
actual stuff.  It works very well - no issues...

It does some amazing stuff like...  (and is an actual cnc controller that
takes actual gcode..)  Am I getting my point across?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/23bEsKMNJH0

sam