On Wed, Jun 7, 2023 at 1:02 PM Alon Zakai <alonza...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As I said at the start, it does become somewhat annoying to fully maintain
> with WasmFS. We've found a way to work around some of that in
>
> https://github.com/emscripten-core/emscripten/pull/19452
>
> but more remains (right now I'm looking at some closure issues related to
> it). It is just awkward to access the filesystem from JS in a JS-ey way
> when it is written in wasm - we're going to try to make the WasmFS JS API
> as good as possible, but it can't be perfect (e.g. we probably won't create
> all the objects the current JS FS provides JS, like the return object of
> FS.analyzePath etc.).

If we decide we can't (or don't want to) fully emulate the old JS FS API,
and SDL1 depends on that old API then I agree that might be an argument for
perhaps removing SDL1.  But removing it simply because it uses the existing
API seems wrong.  As it stands it is providing us with a good test case for
the type of FS API usage that might be out in the wild and its actually
useful to wasmfs development to have that.