On 11/22/2016 06:00 AM, enigmail-users-requ...@enigmail.net wrote:
> LMDE is not production ready (and neither are the other editions
> of Linux Mint), even if it looks pretty.

I disagree with these remarks.  I'm using LMDE/2 (Betsy) today -- and
have been using it since it cleared Beta.   Of the MINT varieties I get
the best results from the LMDE/2

I have MINT 18 Cinamon as well as MINT 18 KDE installed on my test box;
both have trouble with some applications

as far as GPG/2 goes -- just check your system at command line using
GPG2 --version.   if it's not installed just do an apt/get and install
it.   T-Bird shoud pick it up automatically

as far as T-Bird goes I've had trouble with the GPG interface "off and
on".    IMHO I suspect it's because "AFAIK" T-Bird does not use the
GPGME interface.

I've been experimenting with both CLAWS e/mail as well as Evolution.
For Linux users it might be best to get away from T-Bird -- although the
T-Bird that I have now -- 45.5.0 -- works fine with LMDE/2 and GPG/2

--
/Mike