Hi Bob,

By production ready, it doesn't merely mean that the system runs well (I used
it for a while and it does run well). Rather, security updates being applied in
a present and timely manner is incredibly important as well.
The Mint developers hold back security updates, which is very concerning, just
because the changes they have made to Debian would otherwise break the system.
It's sad because they do it because they've broken Debian. I'll just add that
other than the things they add, it is all the same packages, so you can easily
make Debian run as fast as Mint.
If you solve the problem, fine, but you should be aware of their sloppy and
careless attitude to security updates at the expense of their users.