On 09/09/2020 01:09, Mark wrote:
> Thanks for the explanation of how pEp is connected to this. I do have a
> few other questions that hopefully you will answer.
>
> 1) What does the pEp addon do in addition to or better than the built in
> OpenPGP? In other words what are the advantages to installing this
> add-on over the built in support?

Again, please read the pEp documentation, or ask the pEp people. I'm not
affiliated to pEp, so I won't answer this.

> 2) Can you explain the differences between pEp junior and classic modes?

In Junior mode, there is no visible key management, and almost no
possibility to configure anything. You automatically get a key for all
your accounts, and encryption is done automatically whenever possible.
You don't need to care for it in most ways. Key verfication is done via
a handshake that uses trust words instead of fingerprints. In theory,
there would be key synchronization across devices, but that was not
finished in the pEp engine for Enigmail (AFAIK, it's now available in
pEp). The UI is different than Enigmail.

-Patrick