At 10:57 AM 3/21/2003 -0500, James Moss wrote:

Carsten Haitzler ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:26:53 -0800 "Robert G. Werner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> babbled:
>
> > Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> > > On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 14:40:54 -0800 "Robert G. Werner"
> > > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:
> > [snip]
> > >

> > > there is such a patch? :) its in cvs i believe to build.. but it builds
> > > against freetype1 still.
> > [snip]
> > Actually, I think it still builds against freetype 1, as you
> > indicated but it is able to handle the include files the way RH lays
> > them out (is it RH that does this or the FT2 lib?). E.16.5 can't find
> > the right include file but there is an SRPM out that can. This is
> > probably what you are refering to in CVS.
> >
> > Also, another can of worms entirely, but has anyone ever had any
> > luck tracking down the remember bug with eeplets?
>
> aaah i can tell you what i think it is... race condition - app exits and does a
> "please unremember me" but then the app window goes away and by the time e gets
> the "dont remember me " message the window is gone so it doesnt know what to not
> remember anymore... we'd need to add a "unremember ok" and have the epplet wait
> for that and then exit.

> On the subject of features/fixes going in to e16, don't suppose anyone
has thought about moving e16 to imlib2?  I know it's in the TODO for
e16... any thoughts?  I'd be interested in helping out with this.

I'll bet that none of the primary developers are interested in doing this as they're busy with e17. Even if you volunteer and do a good job, they may not want to update the "old" version now.

I'm curious what Rasterman or Jennings' response will be...

Hall