ben,
an edje based term would allow for a lot more flexibility in theming, but we need to do some tests to see if etox (or even evas text handling) is up to the task. If I get some free time, I'll look at how etox handles large volumes of text. However, there is still quite a bit of work to do on etox before it would be anywhere near read for something like that.
--
rephorm