I see EFL has a CMakeLists.txt in git.  I am curious as to the current
state of that. It seems like it is for past versions, 1.18.99.57967.
Also does not allow build from git.

Background

I was looking at updating autotools build for elogind rather than
systemd. Since systemd is required for Wayland. Pretty sure all it
needs is provided by elogind. Systemd is pretty integrated into
autotools and not that familiar with configure.ac. Plus it takes
considerable time to regenerate configure, and run that, etc.

I believe cmake would be faster there than autotools. Now I know Meson
is the craze. But I actually some what prefer cmake to meson. CMake can
use both autotools or ninja as a generator. Thus cmake + ninja, is
basically just as fast as meson + ninja. I like some aspects of cmake
better, auto-updates po files when locations change. Though dates can
be annoying. Also cpack can easily generate deb and rpm files with
little effort and almost nothing to maintain.

Anyway is messing with adding support for elogind vs systemd for
autotools. May look to work with cmake instead. Though seems it needs
some love.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.