Виктор Кожухаров, il 15/04/2007 13:59, scrisse:
> I'd like to propose to remove the i18n of the country and language names
> in the language settings dialog. There are several reasons for this.
> First of all, it will remove a lot of strain from the translation teams
> (since they won't have to translate about 500 entries, maybe more).
> Also, it doesn't make sence to actually translate all of these for every
> localization. Instead, a better solution is to use the native names of
> the countries and languages in the source code. After all, if a
> non-english speaker wants to change the language from english to the
> native one, he doesn't want to hunt down how the native one is called in
> english.

that makes sense, but is there a way to know how is called every
language in its native language?
or would we end up only using the correct names for languages known
by subscribers of this list?

--
       Massimo Maiurana         massimo<at>ragusa.linux.it
       http://massimo.solira.org       GPG keyID #7044D601

Articolo 11 - L'Italia ripudia la guerra come strumento di offesa
alla libertà degli altri popoli e come mezzo di risoluzione delle
controversie internazionali....