On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 17:05:24 +0300 Виктор Кожухаров <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
babbled:

> В нд, 2007-04-15 в 22:35 +0900, Stafford Horne написа:
> > On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 14:59:34 +0300
> > Виктор Кожухаров <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > The enclosed diff removes the localization macro for all the entries and
> > > translates the bulgarian entries in bulgarian.
> >
> > I would suggest using the English and native names together. I.e.
> >
> > Japanese (日本語)
> > Simplified Chinese (简体中文)
> > Traditional Chinese(繁體中文)
> > German (Deutsch)
> > Spanish (Español)
> > Etc.
> >
> > This way there is a canonical form for people who dont have the supported
> > font sets/ people who just want to understand what the other entries mean.
> >
> > -Stafford
>
> This doesn't make much sense. If the user can't read the entry because
> the font in use doesn't have the necessary glyphs, then there's no point
> for the user to even switch to that locale, since he won't be able to
> read anything them.  So there's no need to glutter the interface with
> redundant english translations of the other languages.

maybe not. BUT - then they at least know what FONT they need that's missing.
Also other language users don't stare at some garbled set of boxes or whatever
and go "what on earth is that?". it makes it less mysterious and more obvious.

> --
> Виктор Кожухаров /Viktor Kojouharov/

裸好多
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)