Hi,

On Nov 11, 2007 3:18 AM, Nathan Ingersoll <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I use git locally for doing branched development and push to CVS when
> at a stable point. It is sometimes a pain to sync things properly, but
> not that bad.

Yes, I'm also doing this and it's a pain like you said (specially when
you have to move files, rename, create directories, ...). Ah.. and I'm
not even talking about "losing" history when you move/rename files in
CVS.

> For most people, there is not much benefit of using git
> as they develop in a single branch.

Yes, you're right, but that's why I said we'd have to change our
workflow. With more people integrating and reviewing patches we'd have
better code reaching the repository. And that will be very important
with the stable version of our libs and apps. Moreover, think about
maintaining version 1.0 of our libs and also the development version.
We could create modules in CVS for the stable version and keep the
development in the "old" module but that only becomes even more
painful to work and doesn't scale, IMHO.

Regards,

-- Ulisses