On Nov 16, 2007 10:46 AM, Stafford Horne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 12:06:27 -0300
> "Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Yes, building XIM on top of this Ecore_IM would be a better option.
> > shorne, could you have a look?
>
> Hi Guys,
>
> I look a closer look at Ecore_IM.
Great :).

> Currently it provides an function called ecore_im_context_filter_event which
> takes a void * agument for event_info.
> This seems to be a bit of a problem as the application will define the
> event_info.  It would not then be possible for
> an arbitrary module to handle this application specific data. What is the
> Idea behind this?
Actually this event_info should not be defined by the application. I
chose to use Evas_Event_* as event_info to not replicate the event
structures already defined in Evas. As you can see the type is a
Evas_Callback_Type (EVAS_CALLBACK_MOUSE_DOWN, ...). Evas already uses
event_info as void * to represent the various Evas_Event_*

> In order for XIM to be integrated successfully we will need one more
> Ecore_IM_Context_Class function,
>
> void
> ecore_im_context_filter_keypress(Ecore_IM_Context *ctx,
> Ecore_IM_Event_Key_Down?? *event)

> This will be used to:
>  1. recreate the xevent using the IM key event
>  2. Use the Xutf8StringLookup function to translate the event by the input
> method
Just use the filter_event method and filter for events with type
EVAS_CALLBACK_KEY_DOWN/UP. It should be enough, please let me know if
you need anything else.

>  Definitely an XIM module could not be used unless the application is using
> the ecore_x event loop.  So the implementation would have to be somewhat
> dependent on Ecore_X. I am still thinking about this.
On my hildon_input_method create function I try to open the X display
(ecore_x_display_get()), and if it fails it returns NULL. Maybe you
can do the same.

BR

--
Andre Moreira Magalhaes (andrunko)