Hey!

On Nov 15, 2007 10:52 AM, Stafford Horne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This is very cool.
Tnx for the feedback.

> Ill need more time to look into it and read the comments.  Do you think this
> should be integrated into ETK? I thought it might be better to support input
> methods directly in the ecore_x layer as I have done with XIM.  This has been
> required as XIM ties in closely with the X event loop.
>
> Maybe this is not required if we go directly to SCIM / UIM.
I will integrate it with ETK today, this is the easiest part.
Regarding integrating it directly into ecore_x, IMHO this shouldn't be
done, as we would loose the ability to use it on Windows, Macos, ....
That's why we have set_client_window (see other mail). Remember that
this should be an abstraction layer on top of existent IM. The hildon
input method plugin is highly tied to X event loop, and it works quite
well, I believe you won't have a problem implementing XIM on top of
Ecore_IM. You can take a look at
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gtk%2B/modules/input/gtkimcontextxim.c?rev=1.54&view=markup
as the base for a Ecore_IM_XIM, as the API of GtkIMContext and
Ecore_IM_Context is quite similar.

BR

--
Andre Moreira Magalhaes (andrunko)