I should add that I hope you suceed with this effort, one way
or another. An edje-editor is a very important thing to have, and
should be a top priority for an efl based project.

        I'm curious though.. What do other 'WYSIWYG' editors that deal
with similar doc based things do? eg, those that deal with html (svg,
mxml, xaml, xul, ... ??). There aren't too many html rendering libs
around, do they allow for direct editing of displayed content too?
Or do the editors create small doc pieces which get reloaded.. or what?

        Does anyone have any knowledge or insight into what WYSIWYG
editors for things like html (or flash, or MS-Silverlight, ...) do?
Obviously you're going to end up having to work with the format's
structure as well, but what about the real-time display part?