On Sat, 8 Dec 2007 05:39:52 GMT "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

>       I should add that I hope you suceed with this effort, one way
> or another. An edje-editor is a very important thing to have, and
> should be a top priority for an efl based project.
>
>       I'm curious though.. What do other 'WYSIWYG' editors that deal
> with similar doc based things do? eg, those that deal with html (svg,
> mxml, xaml, xul, ... ??). There aren't too many html rendering libs
> around, do they allow for direct editing of displayed content too?
> Or do the editors create small doc pieces which get reloaded.. or what?
>
>       Does anyone have any knowledge or insight into what WYSIWYG
> editors for things like html (or flash, or MS-Silverlight, ...) do?
> Obviously you're going to end up having to work with the format's
> structure as well, but what about the real-time display part?

most of them re-invent a display engine or they literally  use an existing
display engine and feed in the data raw from the source format (ie they write a
new .html file or whatever then re-load it). manipulating data from a file live
in-ram sanely in a n editable way as WELL as making that library fast for normal
display purposes (and efficient) is very rare. its mostly hard/impossible as an
editor needs features an information that runtim doesnt need. runtime plays a
big price if you keep this around for the runtime lib/implementation just for
the editor's sake. so invariably needs for editing and for runtime get split. :(