andres wrote:
> El Tuesday 01 April 2008 18:33:22 dan sinclair escribió:
>> I think this is a lot of effort to save the themer the extra 20 minutes
>> it will take to change the images in the 3 theme files instead of just one.
>>
> This covers much more than images. Textures are groups for a reason. Most
> textures will want to use multiple images with different properties in the
> image{} block.

How do you handle padding and insets? The widget libraries all do this
differently. Ewl uses data encoded into the edje file directly. Not sure
what e17 and etk do.

>> And, who installs elements.edj? Does it ship with all three? How do you
>> know when to write it and when not? What happens if Ewl uses an updated
>> version that the themer hasn't put the right keys in for? Does it just
>> ship with E17? That won't work as Ewl doesn't require E17 and visa versa.
>>
> Well, this is just a standarization method to ease integration of themes by
> distributors like OpenGEU. Consistency among the files should be mantained by
> the distributors.
>
>> You're suddenly tying E17, Ewl and Etk together when there is no tie
>> between then.
> Not at all, E17, Ewl and Etk don't have to do absolutely nothing to implement
> this. This is all at theme level. Only a function to allow assembling a theme
> file at runtime would have to be included in Edje.

But where would these theme file pieces come from. Who installs them.
You can't just say use them, they have to get installed at some point.

> A libUI.c shared between E17, Ewl and Etk would tie them togheter much more.

To what end? What's the point of tying them together like this? It would
be better, in the long run, to just have a single widget library instead
of 3.

dan