On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 19:29:18 +1100 Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)
<ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 15:52:52 +1000 David Seikel <onef...@gmail.com>
> said:
>
> > On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 08:20:33 +1100 Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)
> > <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:

> > > that's wrong too - generated content in svn - it's very rare that
> > > u'd have that
> > > - the only example is the evas shaders - thats because the binary
> > > shaders can only be generated by a tool (it's a windows binary
> > > run by wine) and i'm one of the few people who have it. so it's
> > > largely impossible to provide a build where these are generated
> > > at compile time (they should be!) thanks to opengl-es standards
> > > and implementations entirely out of our control :(
> >
> > Are people still putting compiled edjes instead of their source code
> > into SVN?
>
> slightly different asn an edje is much like a png. its an image format

Unlike a png, they ARE compiled from source though.  If it's compiled
from source, the source should be in SVN, and the build system should
compile them.  This is different from the shaders you mentioned above,
we do have the tool to compile edjes, we wrote it ourselves.  lol

You said so yourself, it's wrong to have generated content in SVN,
especially when it's easy to generate it with our own tools.