On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 17:35:22 -0200 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
<barbi...@profusion.mobi> said:

> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Tom Hacohen <t...@stosb.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 7:44 PM, Bruno Dilly <bdi...@profusion.mobi> wrote:
> >>
> >> But maybe we could drop widgets in a bad shape?
> >>
> >> I couldn't look deeper on carousel yet, but I believe it never was
> >> completely implemented.
> >> What should it be? Raster ?
> >
> > elm_menu also needs a rewrite.
> >
> > Coming to think of it, isn't it time to take it out of the TMP dir? :P
>
> In these lines, elm_animator seems quite odd, not to say
> purposeless... all that thing to convert a simple current - start_time
> into a 0.0-1.0 value??

it's quite useful. it cuts down code for doing custom animations on a widget
considerably. int handles the deletion case for you - and handles calculating
the timeline for you. normally you'd have to attach a chunk of data to a widget
to do this and track it etc. - it simplifies what is standard boiler-plate code
into "i don't need to do it anymore" land.

> Raster, why did you add such elm_animator to Elementary? Particularly
> with such uncommon API that takes an object as parameter for
> elm_animator_add() with the sole purpose to remove when such object is
> removed?!   Even worse is that the curve style is just a
> non-extensible enum, much like Edje with different names (curve in,
> curve out... where is sinusoidal???)

eh? how are enums not extensible? that's news to me. as for why? you want to
fade obj in - simple example. u simply transition color from 0 to 255 over the
timeline. if the obj is deleted in the process your animator will reference a
deleted obj unless u also listen for del events. you ALSO need to save start
time and the "length of the anim" and calculate your animation position. all of
this is footwork boilerplate code. this just provides it for you in a
ready-to-use "just add water" package.