On Sat, 1 Oct 2011 12:16:59 -0700 Jim Kukunas <james.t.kuku...@linux.intel.com>
said:

> So I linked Evas against BuGLe, as opposed to plain OpenGL.
>
> Initial results of Rect Blend (70) and Image Blend Occlude 3 Very Many (87),
> run on an Atom N270 and Intel 945GME, can be found here:
>
> http://jkukunas.phpnet.us/evas_bugle_runs.tar.bz2
>
> Just as a warning, the log files are large.
>
> You can skip all the details and get to the frame-by-frame summaries by
> searching for "calls per frame" and "average time per call"
>
> One thing that immediately catches my eye is that for 87, we're calling
> glXGetCurrentContext almost three thousand times a frame, at around 0.018 ms
> a call, depending on which frame you look at...

yeah. i know it does that a lot - i kind of expect that at the gl level to be a
simple (quick rough code without types all correct):

static __thread void *ctx = NULL;

void *
glXGetCurrentContext()
{
   return ctx;
}

i.e. context is in thread local storage and its a simple matter of returning
it. we need to check context and so on hasnt changed aqs during rendering we
may call callbacks and the calling app may run off and play with opengl
contexts etc. and set others and we need to know so we can set it back. yes -
we could actually track and know every exit and entry point and only check
then. i'd have to adapt the engine api to let the engine be informed of there
having been a possible exit/enter point.