On Sat, Oct 01, 2011 at 01:08:46PM +0900, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 13:31:57 -0700 Jim Kukunas
> <james.t.kuku...@linux.intel.com> said:
>
> some performance comparisons:
>
> http://www.enlightenment.org/~raster/evas/atom-450n-xlib-vs-gl.html
> http://www.enlightenment.org/~raster/evas/celeron-xlib-vs-gl.html
> http://www.enlightenment.org/~raster/evas/i5-2500-xlib-vs-gl.html
>
> slight problem with intel drivers: they want to vsync clients... thus limit
> max
> framerate to screen refresh (about 60fps). any way to disable that via some
> env
> var or config? (evas only specifically asks for vsync via opengl api's
> (swapinterval) if asked at init time). so let's assume where the tests level
> out at about 60fps for gl.. gl could do better. the gma3150 is still
> nasty-slow
> for text (high geometry) stuff.

So I linked Evas against BuGLe, as opposed to plain OpenGL.

Initial results of Rect Blend (70) and Image Blend Occlude 3 Very Many (87), run
on an Atom N270 and Intel 945GME, can be found here:

http://jkukunas.phpnet.us/evas_bugle_runs.tar.bz2

Just as a warning, the log files are large.

You can skip all the details and get to the frame-by-frame summaries by
searching for "calls per frame" and "average time per call"

One thing that immediately catches my eye is that for 87, we're calling
glXGetCurrentContext almost three thousand times a frame, at around 0.018 ms
a call, depending on which frame you look at...

--
Jim Kukunas
Intel Open Source Technology Center