On Tue, 8 Nov 2011 07:23:27 +0100 (CET) Vincent Torri <vto...@univ-evry.fr>
said:

> On Mon, 7 Nov 2011, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
>
> > attached. this was a sample edc that would be able to play audio, not just
> > single samples but whole sequences across multiple tracks as well as control
> > specific channels and tracks. it didn't specify looping params yet or other
> > additional stuff.
>
> i've never heard about that sound plan before the commit. The patch was
> not public and we could not have discussed about it before the commit. So
> I really don't like the way it came into edje.

i'm not sure this is much different from anything else that goes on in efl. i
have done work for a decade+ without discussing patches on the mailing list
first. so have most developers. as such this patch this time was going through
me. the comments on the patch so far havent actually commented on the edc api
it adds at all which everyone is up in arms about "for release". so since
everyone complaining isn't actually talking about that... i'll write it here in
short form. it adds:
   sounds {
      sample {
         name: "<NAME>" <ENCODING>;
         source: "<SAMPLE_FILE>";
      }
      tone: "<NAME>" <FREQ>;
   }
and 2 more actions:
   PLAY_SAMPLE "<NAME>" <SPEED>;
   PLAY_TONE "<NAME>" <DURATION>;

that's it. unfortunately to make this WORK u need a chunk of infra like being
able to load and encode samples into edj files, decode them, play and mix them,
resample them, etc. all of which is opaque to the api.