On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 11:50:08 -0500 Youness Alaoui
<kakar...@kakaroto.homelinux.net> wrote:

> Carsten, a few people have noted their disappointment (and anger) at
> this being merged and some requested it to be reverted, you didn't
> even take the time to answer them and address their concerns.. Could
> you please take the time to do that, since you obviously had time to
> respond to David with such a long email, it looks bad for you to
> respond to only what you want and ignore everyone else.

Actually, raster has replied a couple of times to those concerns in
this thread.

For the record, I'm not really interested in whether or not it goes in
for this release or not.  It does not do anything for me within the time
frame of this release that I had not already done for the relevant
projects.  For future projects I'm planning, sure it will be great.  So
my efforts are on the "let's actually talk about the API", and not
saying anything about it's release timing.