On Sat, 27 Jun 2015 15:45:38 +0100
Tom Hacohen <t...@stosb.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Cool, let's get this baby out of the door! A lot of exciting stuff going on.
>
> Just two comments:
> 1. It's a bit of a short notice, would be great to have a longer one. I'd
> recommend looking at how it's done in the EFL where everything is known
> months in advance.

I can appreciate that it may be short notice, but consider that Enlightenment
has been in full-on development mode for 9+ months. If anyone truly had any
critical features to merge (which I am not already aware of), they've had ample
time to come forward during this period.
Furthermore, while I may be reluctant to merge new things after the freeze, it
is by no means impossible to do so. If someone comes up with something novel
and interesting which has little chance of creating large bugs for me to fix,
it's probable that I'll accept it.

> 2. What is the timeline for the release? Given that Wayland is still being
> actively developed and not frozen, and that e20 is not going to be released
> before efl 1.15, e will be in feature freeze for a long time. Feels a bit
> excessive.

In my estimation, >= 1 month of feature freeze (1.15 is scheduled for 3 August
2015) prior to release after a 9 month development cycle is actually a very
short freeze. While I would like to provide a concrete release-by schedule,
Enlightenment development is a bit different from EFL, and I am strongly
opposed to setting such a deadline given the extremely limited manpower
actively working on Enlightenment.

Ideally, E20 will release prior to EFL 1.16, but this is nothing more than
my responding to questions of "When will E17 be released?" with "Soon".