Hi,

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 9:20 AM, Christopher Michael <
cpmich...@osg.samsung.com> wrote:

> On 07/28/2015 05:29 PM, Mike Blumenkrantz wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 5:15 PM, Cedric BAIL <cedric.b...@free.fr>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I have learned that commit 5cb6cdbc5e1a13ea0262e155983b494e6519abde in
> >> efl tree break all the past version of Enlightenment. Without patching
> >> Enlightenment itself, there is no way to fix this apparently. We are
> >> now very close to the release and this is breaking one of the few
> >> application we have. I think this patch should be reverted asap.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> --
> >> Cedric BAIL

> > I am not advocating in either direction, but I will need to immediately
> do
> > another E19 release as well as make changes in E-git if this is reverted;
> > internal windows will remain permanently unclickable in this case since
> > hacks were added to work around these changes.

> Also not advicating in either direction, but this DID cause US a lot of
> HEADACHE because it changed expected behaviour. IMO, a bit late in the
> process to introduce a major change like this. This SHOULD have been
> done earlier in the cycle and had time to flush out.

Sorry to sound so naive, but did you report those behaviour breaks? Why
work around instead of fixing EFL?

If I understand correctly, E 19.6+ are compatible with EFL < 1.15, but only
E from git is compatible with EFL 1.15?
Then we have a problem IMHO since our release cycles are not in sync, we
can't just go and break everyone's E by updating EFL. This includes forked
versions of E, as well as other applications using ecore events directly.

I have alerted the author of the offending commit and will check with her.

Best regards,

--
Jean-Philippe André