Hi,

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 5:55 PM, Stefan Schmidt <ste...@datenfreihafen.org>
wrote:

> Hello.
>
> On 29/07/15 10:52, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> > On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 23:15:20 +0200 Cedric BAIL <cedric.b...@free.fr>
> said:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I have learned that commit 5cb6cdbc5e1a13ea0262e155983b494e6519abde in
> >> efl tree break all the past version of Enlightenment. Without patching
> >> Enlightenment itself, there is no way to fix this apparently. We are
> >> now very close to the release and this is breaking one of the few
> >> application we have. I think this patch should be reverted asap.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> --
> >> Cedric BAIL
> > fundamentally this feature shouldn't break anything in e - it's a new
> cancel
> > event etc. - but something about the way it is implemented creates an
> issue. so
> > it really needs fixing, but i think the issue is - that to reproduce the
> issue
> > requires fairly special situations. jyon needs to be brought into the
> loop and
> > the issue explained in detail etc.
> >
> See, my mail about it. I cc'ed her and quoted the problem Dave reported.
> JP seems also to look into it.

I couldn't reproduce the issue (with E 19.5 and EFL git). Weird.

Anyways I think Ji-Youn will try to reproduce more and protect the new
feature with an environment variable if necessary. But after talking to
her, the feature should indeed not change behaviour (in theory).

On the other hand, some users reported that entrance does not work with EFL
1.15 and I can confirm this. But I couldn't find out how to debug E (can we
force it to log to a file, when running from entrance?)

Best regards,

--
Jean-Philippe André