On 24/08/16 17:08, Felipe Magno de Almeida wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 12:54 PM, Tom Hacohen <t...@osg.samsung.com> wrote:
>> On 24/08/16 16:52, Felipe Magno de Almeida wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>>> I don't like that efl_self is a macro. It is completely unnecessary for it
>>> to be a macro.
>>
>> You are wrong. I'd expand on it, but the code is there, just read it.
>
> I've read it over and over in the last two years. Why do you need to
> name the variable __efl_self instead of efl_self? Then efl_self
> works without it being a macro.

I call bullshit on this statement because:
1. It was added quite recently.
2. The code:

EAPI Eo *_efl_self_get(void);

/* Check if GCC compatible (both GCC and clang define this) */
#if defined(__GNUC__) && !defined(_EO_ADD_FALLBACK_FORCE)

# define efl_self __efl_self

#else

# define efl_self _efl_self_get()

#endif

You can easily see that in one case we use the variable name and in the
other we use a function invocation. You need a macro.

--
Tom.