Replying to both of you in one go.

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 1:38 AM, Simon Lees <sfl...@suse.de> wrote:

> On 05/10/2017 08:39 AM, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
>> I finally got in touch with Tom Hacohen/tasn. Turns out IRC was best
>> form, as phab and mailing list were not, go figure. Seems I have Tom's
>> blessing to take over ecrire[1]. Which there is no rush to do
>> officially. I have already informally taken it over and proceeded with
>> tags, release, etc[2].

Phab is the worst way to reach me, IRC and direct emails are best, and
mailing list is somewhere in the middle.
I guess I just missed your mailing list post.

>> Main question over time is how to merge this back into enlightment, or
>> keep it separate etc. My goal is not to make this my project, but to be
>> the default text edit for EFL. Not to diminish ePad, or the
>> development efforts on that. Just clarifying my interests in ecrire and
>> making it for the community vs myself. Though I am scratching my itches
>> first of course.
>>
>> I already have CI and CD via travis setup in the repo I have it now[2],
>> along with Coverity. I plan to merge my branch into master. Not sure if
>> it is easiest to just mirror that back into the enlightment ecrire git
>> repo. I like the release setup I have now. Though long term would like
>> it to be one of the apps on the download page or as an alternative phab
>> list of applications.
>>
>> I am fairly open to what ever work flow, and no rush. Just looking to
>> mention it to others for discussion and to start what ever process if
>> any. Otherwise I will just keep on as is :)
>>
>> 1. https://phab.enlightenment.org/T5411 (some screenshots outdated).
>> 2. https://github.com/Obsidian-StudiosInc/ecrire
>>
> Hi,
>
> Not being a expert on all our tooling, but I believe someone should be
> able to create you a "Probie" account which would give you commit access
> just to the ecrire git repo and might make working within enlightenments
> ecosystem easier, ie you can use the same review tools and enlightenment
> devs will be able to contribute whereas on github we'd all need to
> create pull requests etc.

Nope, probie is not good enough, and we don't do access per repo. We either
trust people with access (to everything) or we don't to anything. I personally
don't like this approach, but it has its advantages.

After that, giving access is as simple as asking anyone with commit access to
add the pubkey and info.txt to the devs git repo.

--
Tom.