On Sat, 13 May 2017 07:59:30 +0900
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:

> seriously? you really need to re evaluate some of your perspectives.

Taking time to look into a matter rather than running off and making a
commit is not unreasonable.

> welcome to conflicts. also known as "that's life" when you share a
> repository and you are not sole king of the hill.

FYI when I was a Gentoo developer there was considerably more people
doing "conflicting work". I am well versed in such. As such I would not
do as  you did. It is as simple as that. I work with others in shared
repositories in a different manner.

> oh seriously? you think that's a proper fix? it's far worse than my
> "just comment it out".

Yes because it is a compile time configure option. That anyone who is
running under Wayland knows they are. Thus they should set

cmake -Dwayland=true .

Which essentially does the same as you commenting out code. EXCEPT it
does not disable that function across the board. Which commenting out
takes care of Wayland but removes function from X.

> you make a binary that is non-portable between
> x and wayland and that should never really happen for any regular
> app. they should "just work" when executed under ether display system.

I have some sample binaries available under github. I can do different
binaries for wayland and x. Most will compile from source and make
their own. I doubt many will use any pre-made. Thus any options turned
on or not. are their own.

To step back. Wayland is not my primary concern. I am not able to run
Wayland. It lacks dual monitor support, not sure about switching
displays, etc. Thus it is a corner case. More will likely run it under
X than Wayland.

> you want to give me a lesson in how efl works, should work, and apps
> should use it?

Maybe that is why more do not use EFL... Pretty rude approach to a new
contributor looking to take over a dead project...

You are welcome to maintain and further Ecrire yourself... Or can
continue to back seat drive on every EFL application. Which will ensure
there are very few as there are now...

I have packaged things and supported user bases for over a decade. I do
have a clue. It may not be your way, but it does work.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.