On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 10:17:21 +0200 Christian Ullmann <x...@gmx.net> said:

> Hi!
>
> What about eterm right now? I saw the sources on SVN but i havnt
> compiled them. As you answered it seems eterm is a bit incomplete...
>
> And wasnt where a e-lib music player out there some time ago (the
> interface was quite similar to xmms, but just not so complex)? what happend?
>
> And by the way... what I REALLY NEED in E is way to configure my shelf
> by x & y coordinates. Iam using 2 monitors (17" & 23") with xinerama,
> but they have different resolutions. As you can imagin the shelf
> configuration is not perfect for me using "set to middle left, bottom
> middle, bottom right, ...)
> And it would be really nice if i can configure some seperations between
> the shelf-apps, so the shelf will fit perfeclty into my right monitor.

that - if anything, is done in theme... but i don't see why you need to set x &
y coord. e finds the multiple screens and divides your root window area up by
mult-screen info - so u dont need specific x & y placement. yes - shelves are a
bit more limited, but you can tell a shel to expand and fill a side of the
screen and then place/drag gadgets around in it as u want.

> But i was thinking E is just a good useable beta and thought you would
> have done that with the final release. ;)

unlikely - nothing will happen here... unless you send patches. :) we can't
FOREVER add every little feature. there's a list of important stuff thats
needing to be done. this one isn't on it. there is always e 0.18. :)