On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Joe(theWordy)Philbrook <jtw...@ttlc.net> wrote:

> It would appear that on Apr 16 & 17, David Seikel did say:
>
>> I was a long time konsole user, but switched to eterm.  I gave up on
>> eterm though, mostly coz it just plain don't play well with mc,
>> which is a critical app for me.  Roxtem does work well for me now.
>
>> Roxterm just works as far as my mc usage is concerned, there was no need
>> to mess with it.
>
> I've been holding on to Konsole for a long time now. Thanks to this
> thread I became aware of the existence of Roxterm.  So I just
> installed it to one of my linux...
>
> For me mc is also a critical app. And for the most part Roxterm seems
> willing to play nice with mc. And it looks like I'd only need a little
> bit of profile, and color schema work (And a few slight changes to the
> assorted shellscripts I have that currently call konsole) for me to
> switch to using Roxterm instead.
>
> But I'm very keyboard centric and I dislike needing to use the mouse
> to get at the menu. So I need to either leave the "menu shortcuts keys"
> or the "menu access key" enabled. Both of which conflict with mc's
> key-bindings. In mc I use Alt+P from the panel view to pull up previous
> commands. But if roxterm's "menu shortcuts keys" are enabled I get the
> preferences menu. And if instead, I enable the "menu access key"
> then the F10 (default) keybinding gets in the way of closing mc.
> (yeah I know I can use the two stroke "esc" "0" instead, but my
> reflexes expect F10 to work...
>
> The problem is that Roxterm evidently doesn't include a shortcut
> editor, but instead relies on some gnome desktop based method. that as
> far as I can see doesn't work with E17, E16, or XFCE. Do you know of
> any way to assign a non-default menu access key that doesn't depend on
> my installing the whole gnome bag of tricks first???

AFAIK RoxTerm is just the same as gnome-terminal, it uses the same vt
code/component, maybe just slightly different UI.

I'm not sure which "gnome desktop based method" you say, but often
that means gconf. You can use gconf-editor (GUI) tool or gconftool-2
to run it from command line.

BR,

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri