Hi,

 I contacted a Guy that did some patch for EFL/directfb asking him about his
opinion since he is working on settop boxes too et guess what he told me.
"Since our hardware is going to embed a *GPU*, I'm less and less
interested in directfb support."

and I think that the 3D will be the trend starting from the next year even
in the Settop Box World.

So personally I drop all my requests regarding the DirectFB/EFL requests.

you may kill it at any time :)
regards.

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 12:50 AM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com>wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 14:03:05 -0300 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
> <barbi...@profusion.mobi> said:
>
> > On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 1:37 PM, Iván Briano (Sachiel)
> > <sachi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ras...@rasterman.com>
> flag.

> know

> ones.

> far

> > > Finally something will wake up that lazy bastard!
> >
> > Nah! I don't care about DirectFB or software-16 anymore, we don't have
> > any contract to support them, so they may go away anytime... I'm not
> > putting my free time on such engine :-P
> >
> > OTOH, if people are looking to keep directfb/software-16 you can
> > always contact us and we can bring them up to shape so raster will not
> > nuke them ;-)
>
> if someone... good and dedicated does take either under wing and brings
> them
> "up to scratch" i'm willing to change my mind - but until then they have
> targets painted onto them.  i won't nuke for 1.0 - but documentations says
> that
> they are in bad shape and are not to be relied on (read the README).

> The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    ras...@rasterman.com

*
*