On 8/22/07, Steve Parrott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The "sample" shots on the Fong website of course look wonderful. It
> appears to me the "before" shots were done with the flash at max
> output, then the diffuser put on and flash output correctly set. Not
> saying Mr. Fong is being dishonest, but this is sure one add on that
> looks like a great idea, but falls short in practice.
>
> Here is the link to the Gary Fong site about the "Puffer".
>
> http://store.garyfonginc.com/puf-01.html

Steve,

On the strobist flickr group there are a lot of discussions and
questions marks on the 'believability'  of the Gary Fong's
demostration images and effectiveness of the products. I can't speak
for or against it, as I don't own any of the products.  I'd love to do
a test, but I don't think I'll drop my money like that.

On the same line of "believe it or not", I recently bought a ringflash
adapter for the 580EX. This attachment catched my curiosity and I had
to try it by myself. I paid the price of 'early adopter' (I've seen it
getting cheaper) but this is one accessory I do like.  Not for
everyday use, but effective when it's used right.

-greetz, Gerard.