Well, bob stated that cropping is not image magnification and he is
right. BUT, nevertheless, you should take into account 35mm equivalent.

Why? I might be wrong, so do your own research. There are many levels of
"sharp" images. For instance, the 1/focal-length-rule is sort-of OK. You
will get sharper images with a tripod (and MLU) and faster shutter
speeds. So this pretty much depends on how you percieve images.

I suggest you make a simple test (you don't need a super-tele lens for
that). Use focal length around 100mm. Then take photos with 1/125, 1/250
and 1/500. Take photos of static objects, with the apperture closed 2 to
3 stops from wide open. Then, compare shots (unsharpened) and full size.
I think that you will find that 1/250 and 1/500 shots are sharper than
1/125, although 1/125 will be "acceptable", if you know what I mean.

Also, 1/focal-length-rule is for average people with average shaking
hands...

hth,
  Miha.

SAMO NASLOVNIKU! / ONLY FOR THE INTENDED RECIPIENT!

To elektronsko sporocilo in pripete datoteke se sme uporabljati v skladu s
pogoji druzbe Mobitel, d. d. Glej: http://disclaimer.mobitel.si/
This e-mail and its attachments are subject to the Mobitel, d. d. disclaimer.
See: http://disclaimer.mobitel.si/