Hmm Umm.
Life is what you make it.
Life is anything with a will to live, with a sense of self
preservation.
Sentient life is whatever regards itself and says - I live!
Cogito Ergo Sum - I think - so therefor I exist! In order to think I
must be alive, existing upon the cusp of the current moment...
Notice that I did NOT restrict the definition of life to organics...

If those are unpalatable, then I will comment regarding the responses
at some future posting opportunity...

Lonnie Courtney Clay