It is disconcerting that while we invest inexhaustible resources--and
time searng for the beginning--we (intellingent beings) after millenia
of existence on earth--are not able to explain the most basic of
things--life.

Is beingness (life) the beginning or did the beginning come before
intelligent conceptualisation of there being a beginning?. If the
begining is a priori to consciousness---how then shall we ever know it
is the beginning?