Mr. Ornstein,
I read your abstract and liked it....agreed with it, largely, as to its
content.
You asked for comments and corrections, so I offer a possible grammatical
correction (or maybe I misunderstood the structure of your sentence). On
page 8 of your essay you wrote the following:

"Since it is only such formulations [that axiomatically define a word (all)
in a way that logically conflicts with what can be observed]
might insure the kind of falsification that Karl Popper proposed to be so
important in science,  his arguments about falsification are trivial and
unhelpful."

As you should see (if the writing program represented it properly), I left
a gap mid-sentence. This is where there may be a grammatical error. I
wonder if a conjunctive pronoun such as "that" or "which" is lacking to
make this sentence more clear? I point this out not to be a stickler but as
a "proofing" of your essay that is intended for publication.

As to your content, again, I agreed "largely" with what your essay says. it
was well written and very understandable, as well. I particularly agreed
with your summation of the scientific method... the "model / empirical
experiment"  approach... I also liked your references to other current
"philosophical (?)" approaches to these questions such as the distinction
between Post Modernists and Positivists. I would say that you have much
less to criticize about the Positivists than you have to criticize about
the Post Modernists. As an aside, this would seem to favor more my view
than the view of my friend Archytas (HAR)... which, of course tickles me
pink... Also, I noted that you referred in your essay to Ockham's Razor....
I like Ockham, myself, but much more than for his "razor"... I like Ockham
for his  of VOX... separated and composite- composed of Conceptus (Concept)
directed at Res(physical thing)... Ockham'c First Intention VOX are very
much like the initial observational stage of the "scientific" method"...
observing empirical physical things to arrive at a conceptual model ...
subsequently verified by further physical experiments  to establish
recurring reliability.....Ockham also suggested Second Intention VOX which
continue within the thinking mind "abstractly" and formulate all sorts of
other "thought-up" relations within and among both the Conceptus side and
the Res side of "things"....

Anyway, I think that "scientific method" has much in common with and relies
a lot on the basic framework supplied by William Of Ockham (and others)...

Now, I have one question as to your terminology... would you define your
terms "subjective" and "objective" as they are to be understood within your
"thinking"? Let me put it this way....It appeared to me that around page
five, mostly, you rendered the division (or separation) between: 1) the
actual (out-of-mind) physical entity; 2)  the sense experience
(inside-mind) mental image and 3) the eventual (inside-mind) explanatory
model. Now this "model" as you call it was then communicated as the "theory
in progress of ongoing verification" that is communicated to others and
understood as shared meaning....you conclude then by getting to the
following statement:
"The more precise the communication of meaning, the more objective in is
usually perceived to be. The more ambiguous (the more interpretation may
vary from person to person), the more subjective."
Now here's my question.....what do the terms "objective and subjective"
that you use here actually refer to?... is the1) the actual (out-of-mind)
physical entity  OBJECTIVE? Is the 2)  the sense experience (inside-mind)
mental image SUBJECTIVE? And is the 3) the eventual (inside-mind)
explanatory model. SUBJECTIVE?... that is what I would propose. And that is
not what your sentence quoted above actually says.... I propose that
Objective should be defined as the ...1)actual out-of-mind Physical
thing... and "differently" that anything which is.... 2) in the mind or 3)a
product of the mind's workings..... should be termed subjective.....

If you have the time and inclination, Mr. Ornstein.....maybe you can
clarify this (or your opinion of this) for me.

Essence, Mr Ornstein is another term that you make use of and which is not
defined... this gets into the question of universals and is a related to
the subjective-objective, empirical-abstractive differences.

Let me put it this way.....I have difficulty with the
"Idealist-Platonists"... and the Phenomenologists calling some (out
-of-mind ) things.... Subjective... when they have independent
"physicality"... on the other hand I don't much care for the
Materialist-Realists  and the Phenomenologists calling some (in-mind)
thought or thought products in particular Objective when thoughts or
thought products are  devoid of physicality...

My bugaboo.....I suppose.... just doesn't make "sense" to me... as a
William of Ockham nominalist....