I'm not sure how to value dung-beetle droppings Nom - but ... HAR.
Much to agree with in Ornstein's papers - the one referenced at the
end of the latest one is much to my own view.  The problem I have is I
don't believe most people enter into the lists of argument, clinging
instead to a world-view more or less immutable and that most
'argument' is, in any case, a performance aimed at succor to ideology.
'Evidence- based decision-making' has been around a long time, as have
assertions we should get our politicians and others in power to
involve themselves and be capable of it.  I see very little sign of
any of it. Even most scientists are no good at it.  In a western from
years back Dean Martin says 'I never got much by arguing' - he's
feeling his gun.  Most people are so poor in argument they know it's
not much use to them and they won't give up to its arbitration.  So
Ornstein is 90% right, and much as I agree, not much help in shifting
education and politics to somewhere more sensible.  Good to see the
stuff though.