My favourite comic as a kid had a strip with characters like General
Dan Druff who live at the cellular level - we may be little more than
that.  There's a decent BBC video on the body defending itself from
viral attack that looks a bit like an off-world sci-fi set.  Co-
evolution discovers many things we believe to be human social products
pre-exist us in biochemistry.  The Higgs' was the god particle but now
we need (and already did) another 'god'.  Would the god admission
really help physics Socratus?