I'm short on it eventually being called the Higgs Stephen - especially
as that job is in the hands of a committee.  I'm never comfortable
with this 'giving mass to stuff' thingy' - though suspect this is a
refusal to let go of my tendency to intrinsic billiard ball thinking.
I'm more a Ken Higgs man - he was a stout Lancastrian almost-fast
bowler who played the support role with John Snow in England's pace
attack.  They once put on 174 for the last wicket against the West
Indies - which sort of resembles the Alamo as a rearguard action.  Te
forces on a cricket or baseball swing are difficult enough for me.
These days the ones causing pain in my elbow are more important!
Maybe parts of the universe equation have a form of rheumatism?  Being
able to create a particularly sticky Higgs field when the opposition
are batting would be good - or maybe a plasma shine on the ball to let
it slip through at light speed.  They are doing some of the latter on
aircraft skins - bringing the almost dragless flying wing closer to
being (tail fin replaced by 'electrodes').