At 05:02 PM 8/27/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>On 27 Aug 2002, David Masten wrote:
>
> > HELLO PEOPLE!! Let's stop quibling about implementation details and
> > graciously accept the offer, we're rocket scientists, I think we can
> > work out the details.
>
>:-)
>It seems to me an ideal solution is to post pointers to an open
>web/ftp site where the files being discussed reside. A few times
>back and forth with 30K attatchments can add up to a lot of bytes.
>As mentioned in the part of the original message I deleted, a separate
>site also allows for format flexibility.

I'm fine with an ftp site that allows anonymous upload / download, and just
posting links in the email messages, but sometimes an attachment is still
appropriate, and I would like a nod that it isn't a baby-killing offense.

Putting up original turbo cad source files, and probably jpg conversions
seems like the best bet.  Every stock system will be able to view the jpg
files, unlike ps or pdf, and if you want total accuracy, you can look at
the tcw file.

Out of curiosity, what programs does XCOR use?

John Carmack