> Also, the duality of Object.create vs Traits.create accommodates traditional
> vs high integrity quite well -- without AFAICT compromising either.

It creates a false choice, though (all or nothing). IIUC, with Object.create,
you don't even get the conflict checking. And then you've really lost the key
benefit of traits.

I think there's room for alternatives in the traits space -- for example,
something similar wrt trait composition, but that didn't bind |this| or freeze.
That way, you could still integrate traits with the existing prototype system.
For example, to compose traits to create an object that you then use as the
prototype for a constructor. This would allow for the "vtables" approach and
would also give you the ability to specify initialization behavior to invoke on
instantiation, which you can't do with traits.js.

Dave