On Jan 8, 2012, at 8:10 AM, Mark S. Miller wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 11:05 PM, Brendan Eich <bren...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> [...]
>  so are we really just arguing about names or labels? If so, great -- those
> are important to get right.
> [...]
>
> While I agree it's important to get labels right, if that is indeed the only
> remaining issue here, that's wonderful. I'm mellow about labels others find
> attractive, as long as we agree on observables.
>
> I think there is an observable difference between what I'm advocating and
> what Allen is. Not as sure about your position.

I think the only open issue is whether

  "use strict";

opts into completion reform and any other semantic change that does not have a
syntactic trigger.

I'm ok with trying completion reform as an extension to "use strict"; in ES5+
implementations, ASAP -- more than ok, really. It would help prove completion
reform is non-breaking.