>> What do you think? Do you like -> better than <| ?  Is it ok to not have it
>> available for some possible future function shorthand?

Both => and -> have strong associations with function shorthands from C#,
Scala, C++,  Java 8, Perl, CoffeeScript, ML, Haskell and more.  Whether or not
JavaScript adopts a ->/=> shorthand in the future (I still think it should),
many developers will think of it as having an association with functions.
Using -> for the proto-of operator effectively also removes the ability to use
=> as function shorthand later, due to the syntactic similarity of these two
operators.

Luke