On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 6:54 AM, Dean Landolt <d...@deanlandolt.com> wrote:
> One argument for the "wrong direction" being wrong: if A <: B is common math
> syntax for A is a subtype of B, if you turn the arrow around it'd read A is
> a supertype of B, and this is fairly close to what <| was trying to express.

I think the reason that we don't all instantly agree on the direction
is simple: the operation is not directional. The operation is
composition; the operands are not types but components of a type.
Thus I think a 'natural' feeling syntax won't be arrow-ish.

Ultimately Allen is attempting to provide some of the benefit of
setting __proto__ while avoiding some of its problems.  Perhaps a
syntax closer its home?  eg something like a set-prototypeOf property

  { ^:MyObject.prototype, a:1,b:2}

  [0,1,2,3,4,5].^ = appArrayBehavior

  let subclass = Function.create(superclass, {});

  var p  = /[a-m][3-7]/.^ = newRegExpMethods;

jjb