In the spirit of "derives from" (it really is more intuitive for most, though I liked <| because I already got used to UML direction), I'd throw in

==> (as in "it follows (that)")

I also wanted to add something like modus ponens character used in logic, but

|-

does not work, it already has its own meaning.

Herby

Brendan Eich wrote:
I'm with Luke here. We shouldn't abuse a common idiom from other
languages, including upstream ones such as CoffeeScript.

Kris's suggestion of +> changed to deal with the "wrong direction"
criticism (which I find compelling since the [[Prototype]] property is a
reference):

let sub = sup +< {p:1, q:2};

(E4X ambiguity, no worries.)

Comments?